I first learned about Dakota Boys and Girls Ranch (DBGR) at a trade show in Williston, they offer amazing services to our youth! With facilities in Minot, Bismarck and Fargo they help at risk children and families. They are Christian based and offer a variety of different types of therapy and counseling.
The coolest part about Dakota Boys and Girls Ranch is that their services are not just for children with a traumatic past but for any children with disabilities who are in need of therapy or counseling. I love how they use horses for healing with different methods like Therapeutic Riding, Hippotherapy, and Equine Facilitated Psychotherapy (EFP).
Check out their website, I’ve also posted some information from their site below:
Dakota Boys and Girls Ranch reaches out to the community through several programs:
- Dakota Family Services, our community-based mental health clinics in Fargo and Minot
- Day Education programs in Bismarck, Fargo and Minot
- Hippotherapy, a physical, occupational and speech therapy treatment strategy that utilizes equine movement and is especially helpful in the treatment of neurological function and sensory processing.
Programming tracks within our Residential and Educational Programs:
- Dual Diagnosis:to treat youth with chemical dependency and mental health issues
- Behavioral:focusing on providing Social Skill Instruction and Behavior Modification in a structured environment
- Autism Spectrum: finding the meaning and purpose in how youth respond to environmental and personal situations and stressors
- Mental Health:psychiatric consideration of the mental health needs, along with therapy to provide Youths recovery and sustainable success in the community
- Shelter Care:providing a safe environment for Youths needing short term placement on an emergency or transitional basis
Professional Nursing Services
- Dakota Boys and Girls Ranch medical department is located on each campus and provides medical, nursing, dietician, psychological and psychiatric services.
- Routine health care is delivered by either on-campus or community physicians, and consultation referrals are made to community doctors for more specific needs (i.e. dermatology, orthopedic needs, etc.).
- Additional services (laboratory, x-ray, pharmacy etc.) are available to assist in diagnosing or treating existing conditions. Registered Nurses are available at all times to monitor and manage resident’s health care and medication needs. Local hospitals are an available resource within 10 minutes of our campuses.
Contact the Admissions Director Amanda R. (Iverson) Reuschlein, LSW, Director of Admissions Dakota Boys and Girls Ranch 1227 N 35th St Bismarck ND, 58501 Office: 701/221-5304 Cell: 701/261-9040 Fax: 701/551-6838 or 701/224-1854 E-mail: email@example.com